ECTS Credits : 2
Duration : 21 hours
Semester : S7
Person(s) in charge :
Jean-Pierre BELLOT, Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords : transport phenomena
Prerequisites : None
Objective: Get basic principles allowing to deal with heat and mass transports problems
The aim of this course is to give the basic principles for dealing with issues concerning heat and mass transfer. The basic phenomena involved are explained and a standardized methodology, based on global and differential energy and mass balances, is presented.
The principal related metrologies are presented.
• Highlight the importance of heat and mass transport phenomena (case study).
• The notion of balance: global and differential balances.
• Phenomenological laws. Application to simple cases of material transport by diffusion and heat transport by conduction. Notion of resistance. Electrical analogy. Steady state. One-dimensional case.
• Heat and mass transport by convection and diffusion. Analogy between heat, mass and momentum transports.
• Unsteady mass and heat transport. Measuring techniques.
Description and operational vocabulary
The laws and balances driving heat and mass transport phenomena
the analogy between the different transport phenomena and the measurement techniques
the laws and balances to concrete case studies
a system and use a methodology to explain the different transports involved.
Gestion des contenus